WHAT IS BMF ABOUT?
- Building Social Cohesion: We promote better understanding between different faiths and cultures in Basingstoke and Deane, enabling dialogue and collaboration, as well as supporting each other to be an integral part of local society and its development
- Community Events: through our numerous social, religious, cultural and educational activities, we encourage social contact amongst different communities
- Facilitating partnership and consultation: We work to establish links with and offer consultation to the rest of the voluntary sector alliances and local authority networks, and thus provide a channel through which culturally diverse communities can raise their issues
- Social Services: We offer hot desk facilities for small community based groups. We also offer guidance for a wide range of issues including housing, employment, health, immigration, debt, community, benefits, equality, family, and transport. We aim to offer the guidance service online; to reach a wider audience.
- Training and Education: We work with carefully selected partners to provide various training opportunities which are available throughout the year, and help members to develop capability in a diverse range of disciplines.
- Advice Surgeries: We organise a range of advice surgeries provided by solicitors, local police, and other professional services